The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Update and new figs....

I've been horribly tardy and well, apathetic in updating this site with any quality lately, and for that dear read I do apologize.

Today is Saturday, 26th September and while it's a deliciously cloudy, slightly gray day that I absolutely love, and had the plans of attending a local ACW Event right up the road from me; that is until my truck decided that it was remarkably wanting of seeing it's friends at the Meineke Shop, and wanting new front brakes.
So that plan went away as my truck is currently sitting on the rack as I am here at home awaiting them to get me parts and pricing, (their internet is currently down).
This gives me time to do some updating.

As the Summer season is pretty much past history, and the wonderful cool days of Fall are here, I have been busy working on items. Figures being painted and bought, (as usual). I think I recently made a statement that "IF" yes the always magic "IF"; "If I were to be able to paint 30 figures a month, and NOT buy any more figures, it would take me over 3 1/2 YEARS to paint my 28's alone..."
We're not even going to venture into the realm of 15mm.
Let's not and say we did okay?

My foray into painting up pulp figures continues....

Recent Purchases!

They say that "Happiness is a well used paint pallet...."
On a recent jaunt over to my Ohio facility, I once again stopped over at "The Soldiery" in Columbus. This was my third trip there and believe it or not, it was the first time I had actually been greeted at the store. I guess all the fanboys were in school, and well...I pretty much had the store to myself, except for the counter lady. She was nice though, and I made some purchases.





I picked up two containers of Privateer P3 flesh paints. After reading a review of them, and how a fellow used them for some flesh tones for one of his figures, I am deciding to try them out myself.

And then I bought....

*Insert "70's Wocka-tocka guitar music here...*


"A snake demon...guaranteed to give anyone with a case of Ophidiophobia a sure run of the heebie-jeebies..."


"Miss Agatha Fox...not sure what is in store for her, but I see some 1960's style "mod" fashion coming up, including perhaps the infamous "White Go-Go Boots" of the time..."



"A fire elemental....ready to give folks a hot time....."


"A nice sarcophagus....a good resting place, complete with the standard "skullz"...."


"This is bad news for ANY adventuring party...."


"It wants your brains...."


"A Heroclix "Kingpin" figure, awaiting conversion..."

Somehow or another one of my other figures (Reaper: Gauntfield), escaped my picture taking, but I will get one of him soon enough.

And so, instead of making this post utterly long and intensive, I am going to break it up into numerous posts...

So enjoy for there is more to come!



No comments: