The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Saturday, February 4, 2023

February's first post and some musings....

 I'm continuing to work on completing my Sheriff's Office and Jail and hope to have it done by this weekend. The major work is done. All the inside bars and doors, etc. Final work is on the window bars and then connecting it to the main building. Then comes the painting, and sealing and it will be done.

I am also hoping to have the Livery Stable painted and finished by the end of this weekend. We'll have to see about it. 

But in the meantime, I've been thinking about the things I am doing in the hobby.

One of the biggest things I have is the "amount of projects", and interests. Oddly enough while I have not gotten into Napoleonics, (and tbh, they never have really interested me that much), I do find myself with a list of "Things to finish, and things I want to do..."

In this case it is the various projects I have.

Currently my "working projects", are: (all 28mm unless otherwise noted).

1: Old West

2: Pirates

3: Fantasy

4: Victorian/Gothic Horror

5: Gangsters

6: Pulp

Way down on the list also is 15mm ACW as well as my 15mm Modern (Bongolesia).

I've gotten rid of my 20mm Vietnam War, and I have a box of unpainted RCW figures.

I'm trying to currently work out a figures vs buildings painting table: IE; For every 10 28mm figures I finish painting, I then do 1 building/scenic.

Hopefully this will put some more of my "unfinished stuff" behind me.

Hopefully....

We'll see....


No comments: