The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A brief pause from "Real Life"....

Greetings to everyone on a cold, wintry, February night...
Well I made it through my week trip to California. With that behind me, I now, (NOW), have a trip next week to Wisconsin, and then week after that for a 1-2 sojourn to Columbus, Ohio. Then I will be done for a while I hope.
And I can get back to painting fully.
But there IS news on the home front!

First off: LITTLE WARS!
My Event was accepted and listed in the PEL. 

Sat, 5:00pm-9:00pm Event ID E113: The Lost Treasure of Chili Verde Two-fisted, heart-stopping, Pulp Action Adventure!!! In the 1500's, the lesser known Spanish explorer "Conquistador Leo", discovered a great Aztec treasure, which he then promptly stole, and then hid; drawing a map, (which was then torn into several pieces), to its secret location. He then lost the pieces of the map, and almost immediately forgot where the treasure was hidden; (right before suffering a brutal, hideous, death at the hands of The Aztecs). Now, centuries later, the map pieces have finally come together as various factions try to claim The Lost Treasure of Chili Verde for themselves! Take control of one of the groups competing to recover the priceless lost treasure. Danger! Romance! Sultry Women and Men with Guns all abound in this heart racing, Pulp Action Adventure!!! Hosted by Michael Murphy; 28mm Rugged Adventures / Astounding Tales (TBD); 6 players. 

To say that I am "excited" is an understatement. I haven't run a convention game in a few years, and am nervous but looking forward to it.

Second off: HOBBY LOBBY HAD A SALE!!!!

So this past weekend, while recovering from travelling, my wonderful wife, (Gawd bless her!), convinced me to do some shopping with her, and we made our usual stop at Hobby Lobby and they were having a sale!!!!
So I picked up some of the Testors EFX stains. 5.99 - 6.99 bottles of paint for less than 1.30 per bottle! Let's see how it works.



And then my wife, knowing how much I needed some different color inks for stains and washes, decided to get me this....
Which is EXACTLY what I was looking for, but never seemed to remember to actually look for when I was needing to be looking for it....


While I was away, she also put in a second "item shelf" which now holds all my brushes, etc...Keeping my desk, "less clutter free"...

And this is what it looks like right now...



This in turn allowed me to do a little bit of base coating on my Mexican Federales...

The Mexican Federales under El Capitan Maximillian Empanda...Keeping law and order (as much as they can), in old Mexico...aka (The Big Enchilada)....

And a little bit of work on one of the buildings that I primed back in 2009.
Not much has been completed, but it's still a start and I am happy with it.
I look forward to being back in about two weeks and going from there.


I'll have more coming soon!!!!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: