The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Update Feb-March: Part 1: " Figures and Life"


Greetings once again dear readers!
And yes it is time for another overdue update!
Since this one is extraordinarily long, (and picture intensive), as it covers a couple of months, I have decided to break it down into two parts.

So lets get going!

Figures and painting: 

I won't lie to you, when I say that work has kept me extremely busy. Last year I was working with the "One Hour A Night Scenario" and it was actually paying off quite well on weekends when I hit the table for a longer stretch.
Now with the onset of more work, my hours are limited to practically weekends only.
However, I have been getting some stuff painted.

First off: Some reminders of an old 1970's TV show...(These are still works in progress (WIP)..)

Two "you know what's" looking for "The Lost City"

And although they didn't find the obelisk and the crystals, (or those three noisy individuals), they did come across this...

Really? Do I have to explain to you what THIS is???


 And just for laughs decided...."What if?"...

As a friend of mine said "This is BAD...on sooooooo many levels!"

The "Not Sleestack" Figures are from Forge of Ice. Truly an amazing small company with excellent products. I need to order more.

And then I moved onto some Pulp Adventurer figs and did a group of American Adventuring Mercenaries. 

NOTE: The photos are showing the figures to be VERY glossy and shiny. This is not the case. This is simply a very powerful OTT light reflecting off the figures. They are indeed sealed in flat/matte spray sealer.

"Have no fear...The Americans are here!....Oh...and keep your head down!"

An amazing set of figures from Pulp Figures. This is the "Istanbul Constabulary" set. These no-good do gooders were simply a joy to paint up to a good standard. I am always pretty well pleased with pretty much everything Pulp Figures puts out.  And the dent in my wallet is proof...

And where would we be without "Damsels in Distress".
Yeps..straight from schlocky 70's and 80's medieval/fantasy films, (or a cheap Vallejo/Frazetta style ripoff magazine cover), these are some old Ral Parth/Ironwind "Maidens on Crosses".
Ouch...You know that's gotta hurt!





Getting back to non-nude figures, I also finished out the rest of Brigade Games "American Mercenaries". You can see the BAR gunner also in the pick above of the American group.
For good old pulp goodness sake I went ahead and did a "Noir" style B&W photo...


From L to R: Daredevil pilot, Charlie "Crash" Jackson; Adventuring Archaeologist Idaho Jim, and Andy Walker (from Council Bluffs Iowa, now touring the world with his BAR)....


More to come!

No comments: