The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Monday, June 28, 2021

Paints and projects and stuff coming in!

 So I had finished my June update a couple of days ago when I had enough news to get a new update out...so without further eloquence, here it is...

Painting and Projects: 

After finishing off the bank, I decided to take a quick break from my Western buildings and do some figure painting. With the buildings set aside for a bit, I decided to dive back into one of my other fun genres that gets me going and that is...PIRATES!!!!!

I've a lot of sea scum and scalawags that need to get their paint on. So I took approx. 20 of them and started to work. These guys are a mixture of OG, Foundry, Eureka, Dixon, and some others. Most of them have muskets, while some have musketoons, and short arms. 

I started with a standard block paint style....

Arrrr matey! Basic colors to get the lads going! None o' that "fancy stuff"!...



The block painting continues with the initial whiting of the eye areas and more detail added...


With the block painting pretty much done, it was now down to the eyes, faces, and details... These guys are on their way to being done!


INCOMING!!!!!

So a few months ago, I ordered some figures from Wizkids, (back in Feb-March), and due to the shipping fiasco, only part of my order has shown up, and that was yesterday...


YAY! Part of my WIZKIDS order came in! Let's see what's inside shall we?


A couple of nice goodies in this box....

This Wiz Kids deep cuts set looked interested so I went ahead and got it. Everyone needs to have a royal court full of intrigue and shenanigans...



And a monster....a primed Gelatinous Cube...How exactly do you prime one of those things anyway???...


I'll be waiting on the rest of the shipment to show up "sometime"...
As well as my Reaper Bones V KS....
Stay tuned as there is more to come!!!

No comments: