The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

So I made, (and then broke) a record!

 So the month of June is slowly slipping by and I am busy working on some projects, including painting up some fantasy beasties, and working on some scenery for my gangster/pulp/"Chicago Way" games.

During the year of 2023, I have refrained from buying any figures. Purchasing more figs would only add yet more to my mountain o' shame, and I already have waaaay more than enough to paint.

So for the first six months of 2023, Jan 1 - June 1, I was "miniature purchase free"...

And then I stopped by the LGS in Lafayette...

Sigh.

I stopped to get some paints, only to be able to get a couple of the Citadels I needed, and found out that their supplier no longer carries Vallejo, (which sucks as I need some replacement colors very soon), and it was while I was perusing the stuff there, that I ended up purchasing my first figure for the year.

(I liked the figure and needed another human fighter and...and....gaaaahhhh....)


So that's the first mark to subtract from my total painting pledge this year so far.

Meanwhile in case you are interested, this is what Eighteen Dollars ($18.00) looks like in Citadel paints.



Let's just hope I don't have to buy anymore for a while....

More to come!

2 comments:

Simon said...

I would not spend that money on rip off GW paints or anything else the horrid company peddles.

Dr Beard said...

I admire your restraint going this long without buying any figures. GW paints are a rip off in the UK too unless you get them from a reseller.