The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Upate for June...

Wow...for the first time in a looooooooong weekend, I've sat down for a few hours and put paint on figs!
Currently I have approx 30 odd figs completed, (just need final flocking and sealing), and another 60 odd figs in various states of completion.
But the count looks good so far.
My main issue right now is the current USMC woodland MARPAT uniform. I'm trying three different styles to get it done correctly and right now it seems that NONE of them are working the right way. Simply put, my main problem seems to be that Uncle Sams Misguided Children have so much "extra crap...errr..gear" on that trying to find places to actually get MARPAT down in a good amount to see if it "looks right", is almost impossible.
Right now my Guinea Pigs are Peter Pigs USMC Support Weapons guys. They've got some nice open sleeves and I can get the pattern down and see how it looks...
Next weekend I am going to go ahead nd pour another 1-2 molds for my AAVP7 . I need to build an appropriate sized force for my MEU, and then I have to figure out WHAT I am going to do about CH46's and CH47's. Since QRF seems to be taking their own sweet time on them....
I've also realized that I am short NDF troops. Looks like another order to Brookhurst or To Scale Creep is in the the works...

Speaking of...I've already got an order in to Scale Creep, and they are having issues getting it in. I'm ordering stuff for the Presidential Guards, and it seems that QRF got slammed. They just got the first part of their order in, so I am hoping that the second part comes in and I can get my stuff...

I think after this big batch, I am going to relax on the 15's for a bit. I'd like to get some of my Pulps and some more Westerns painted up..what do you think?

Pictures coming up next post....

No comments: