The Blog of Michael T. Murphy and his lifelong obsession with "little army men" and their imaginary glory, miniature wargaming, and other things...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Of gaming and this and that...

The gaming side has been quiet as I haven't played in a while, and my painting has been really slow. I'm still working on the AK47 figs, and hopefully by the weekend will be FINALLY able to finish my fourth (And final) urban block of downtown Bongolesia, (appropriately named "Funkytown")...

My supply list is growing: I need
1: More white glue.
2: A better XActo knife.
3: Catalyst for my moulding and casting projects....

grrr...curse having three hobby stores (Jo Anns, Michaels and Hobby Lobby) and NONE of them carries the catalyst that I need for my moulding and casting!

It's a conspiracy I tell you...

Other things that I want to talk about.

I love gaming, I really do, and it breaks my heart to have to see companies announce that they are raising their prices due to the cost of fuel, postage, transportation and material costs. Yes, resin AND metals have gone up, and it will only be a time before plastics go the same way. If you CAN support your local store, please do so, and push your support for the companies also. That being said, if companies like GW keep raising prices, even their fanboys will eventually stop buying, (Except for the diehard fools)...
Our hobby is changing due to external influences in world resources. It's been a while in coming but now it's hitting us in the pocketbook....

No comments: